Empowering Students Through Coaching is a research-based comprehensive coach training for life coaching and ADHD coaching. We train participants using the ICF core competencies of coaching and the intricacies of coaching students, ages 8-adult, and their families. This is an ICF ACSTH approved training focused on solid coaching core competency skill building to provide participants with the skills to apply for a life coaching certification. Ten hours of ICF-required mentoring are included in this program. We teach ADHD coaching skills to provide participants with a better understanding of the neurobiology of the brain necessary to effectively coach and support students with ADHD and Executive Functioning challenges. This section of the training provide the skills necessary for ADHD coaching.
Empowering Students Through Coaching follows the JST Model of Success which was designed specifically for coaching students and has been used in groundbreaking coaching research studies. This is the only research-based student coach training in the world. Become a JST trained coach and make a difference in the lives of students!
What makes JST Coaching & Training your best choice? Our coach training is:
Research-Based Interactive and engaging Focused on students ages 8-30 Small groups for personalized learning Internationally recognized and respected A blend of life coaching and ADHD/EF student coaching skills
At JST Coaching & Training, we want to ensure your success and make certain you are ready to embark on the journey into a comprehensive coach training program. Our admissions process provides you the opportunity to review our program requirements and ask questions before enrolling. It also gives the team the chance to get to know you!
- Applicants will have successfully completed at least two years of post-secondary education.
- Applicants should be open to feedback, have a capacity for self-reflection, critical thinking and be willing to explore different perspectives in coaching.
- Applicants need to have internet access in order to join class. They may use a computer or smartphone (with camera) for all live classes and as well as mentoring sessions. Telephone access is to be used as a backup only, not as your primary method of participation.
- Applicants are required to attend all live classes or to notify the JST team if there is a planned or emergency absence in advance of class.
- Applicants should understand how to access and use our learning platform, TalentLMS. Support will be provided as needed by our administrative staff.
- Applicants will need to acquire at least two adult clients by week 8 of the course. These clients must be willing to have their coaching sessions audio recorded for evaluation purposes and for your ICF ACC credential application.
- Applicants must make all payments in full before receiving a course completion certificate necessary for ICF credentialing.
- Applicants are responsible for the cost of all course books, at least 3 audio recording transcriptions, (discounts available), additional mentoring hours (optional), ICF membership and ACC application fees.
- Applicants should be prepared to spend at least three (3) hours/week outside of the class to:
- Review course materials prior to each lesson
- Complete reading assignments
- Watch assigned videos
- Complete written responses to self-study questions
- Meet with an assigned coaching buddy for one hour/week
- Meet with an assigned mentor for seven (7) small group and three (3) individual mentoring hours.
Ready for the Next Step?
If you want to learn more about this program, please fill out the form above.
Training & Credentialing
This is a distance learning course with 30 weeks of coach training via video conferencing and a robust self-study component. Each class will be a combination of lecture and discussion, followed by coaching demonstrations and practice. Participants are required to complete self-study assignments throughout the course. Each participant is required to complete one hour of weekly buddy calls with assigned partners to work on self-study, review lecture concepts and practice coaching. For the best learning experience, our training courses are limited to 15 participants.
After successful completion of this training, participants will be prepared to apply for the ACC credential through the International Coach Federation through the ACSTH path. This course includes ALL 10 hours of mentoring required by ICF.
JST Graduate Perks include:
JST Graduate Directory listing Webinars with Jodi – bring your questions! Private LinkedIn & FB Groups – learn, share, connect Credentialing Advising Session with JST Faculty Robust Course Manual and Resources JST Graduate Logo to post on your website