Empowering Students Through Coaching is a research-based comprehensive coach training for life coaching and ADHD coaching. We train participants using the ICF core competencies of coaching and the intricacies of coaching students, ages 8-adult, and their families. This is an ICF ACSTH approved training focused on solid coaching core competency skill building to provide participants with the skills to apply for a life coaching certification. Ten hours of ICF-required mentoring are included in this program. We teach ADHD coaching skills to provide participants with a better understanding of the neurobiology of the brain necessary to effectively coach and support students with ADHD and Executive Functioning challenges. This section of the training provide the skills necessary for ADHD coaching.
Empowering Students Through Coaching follows the JST Model of Success which was designed specifically for coaching students and has been used in groundbreaking coaching research studies. This is the only research-based student coach training in the world. Become a JST trained coach and make a difference in the lives of students!
What makes JST Coaching & Training your best choice? Our coach training is:
Research-Based Interactive and engaging Focused on students ages 8-30 Small groups for personalized learning Internationally recognized and respected A blend of life coaching and ADHD/EF student coaching skills
At JST Coaching & Training, we want to ensure your success and make certain you are ready to embark on the journey into a comprehensive coach training program. Our enrollment process provides you the opportunity to review our program requirements and ask questions before enrolling. It also gives the team the chance to get to know you!
- Successful completion of at least two years of post-secondary education.
- Be open to feedback, have a capacity for self-reflection, critical thinking and be willing to explore different perspectives in coaching.
- Ability to access to the internet in order to join class each week via Zoom, for distance programs and to view assigned course videos. We ask that you use a computer or smartphone (with camera) for all live classes. Telephone access is to be used as a backup only, not as your primary method of participation.
- Notify the JST team if there is a planned or emergency absence in advance of class. Credit hours are awarded based on participation in live classes only.
- Participants must make all payments in full by the end of the course and submit written responses to course assignments within two weeks of the conclusion of the course before receiving a course completion certificate necessary for ICF and CCE-Global coach training credits.
- Purchase course books in advance of the first lesson. Please note this is not included in the course fee.
- Participants are required to acquire at least two adult clients by Lesson 9 of the course. These clients must be willing to have their coaching sessions audio recorded for evaluation purposes and for your ICF ACC credential application.
- Applicants are responsible for the cost of all course books, at least 3 audio recording transcriptions, additional mentoring hours (optional), ICF membership and ACC application fees.
- Applicants should be prepared to spend at least six (6) hours/week outside of the class to:
- Review course materials prior to each lesson
- Complete reading and video assignments
- Complete written responses to self-study questions
- Meet with an assigned coaching buddy for one hour/week
- Meet with an assigned mentor for four (4) individual mentoring hours and attend at least three (3) scheduled hours of group mentoring. The remaining three (3) hours of mentoring will be provided throughout the course.
Ready for the Next Step?
If you want to learn more about this program, please fill out the form above.
Training & Credentialing
This is a distance learning course with 30 weeks of coach training via video conferencing and a robust self-study component. Each class will be a combination of lecture and discussion, followed by coaching demonstrations and practice. Participants are required to complete self-study assignments throughout the course. Each participant is required to complete one hour of weekly buddy calls with assigned partners to work on self-study, review lecture concepts and practice coaching. For the best learning experience, our training courses are limited to 15 participants.
After successful completion of this training, participants will be prepared to apply for the ACC credential through the International Coach Federation through the ACSTH path. This course includes ALL 10 hours of mentoring required by ICF.
JST Graduate Perks include:
JST Graduate Directory listing Webinars with Jodi – bring your questions! Private LinkedIn & FB Groups – learn, share, connect Credentialing Advising Session with JST Faculty Robust Course Manual and Resources JST Graduate Logo to post on your website